Website Union Settlement
Union Settlement is an on-the-ground resource for East Harlem residents of all ages, and a passionate advocate for the needs of underserved communities. Since opening our doors in 1895, we have brought education, wellness and community-building programs to our neighborhood, empowering New Yorkers with opportunities to better their lives. More than 350 staff work in our organization, and our services impact 10,000 people every year. By helping our neighbors realize their goals, we build the vitality and success of East Harlem. For more information about Union Settlement, please visit our website at www.unionsettlement.org
Position: Volunteer Coordinator
Department: Senior Services
Reports to: Deputy Director of Senior Services
Salary: $24.05 Hourly
Position Announcement – Union Settlement Senior Services seeks a talented, creative individual to be the Friendly Visiting Volunteer Coordinator for the Meal-On-Wheels Program.
Summary: The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Senior Services Volunteer Program. S/he is the primary person responsible for the administration and management of all volunteerism within Senior Services. They will work collaboratively with the Union Settlement Development Associate for Volunteer Relations, five senior centers, NORC, and the Meals on Wheels Program.
· The Volunteer Coordinator will work in each of the centers in collaboration with the Center Coordinator to enhance volunteer services.
· Input data and submit volunteer hours and generate monthly report.
· Track, Input, and submit volunteer hours and generate the monthly report into the volunteer database.
· Collect, record, and sort Senior Center volunteer hours, Friendly Visiting logs, Senior Companion time sheets, and Easter Seal time sheets into appropriate volunteer folders.
· Oversight and timely collection of Easter Seals, Maturity Works, and other agency timesheets.
· Relay urgent programmatic issues to supervisor.
· Perform Administration duties when necessary including but not limited to the timely onboarding, training and administrative oversight of all volunteers and interns placed in Senior Services.
Recruit, oversee, and train volunteers for the Telephone Reassurance program.
Assist with organizing and leading special events for the department and organization as a whole.
· Additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
· Excellent organizational, verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
· Excellent computer skills.
· Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
· Demonstrated capacity to be a team player.
· Demonstrated ability to perform multiple tasks effectively in a fast-paced, challenging, and constantly changing environment.
· Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
UNION SETTLEMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.