Website Union Settlement
Union Settlement is an on-the-ground resource for East Harlem residents of all ages, and a passionate advocate for the needs of underserved communities. Since opening our doors in 1895, we have brought education, wellness and community-building programs to our neighborhood, empowering New Yorkers with opportunities to better their lives. More than 350 staff work in our organization, and our services impact 10,000 people every year. By helping our neighbors realize their goals, we build the vitality and success of East Harlem. For more information about Union Settlement, please visit our website at www.unionsettlement.org.
Position: Evening Case Manager
Department: Adult Education
Reports to: Director of Adult Education
Union Settlement Adult Education is seeking a Case Manager to provide in person support that reports to the Adult Education Director. The candidate needs to be a hardworking individual with the ability to multi-task effectively. This person is responsible for attendance tracking, monitoring and data entry into Adult Education Funder databases as needed. This is a full-time position.
- Processing intake application with proper documentation.
- Schedule and confirm appointments for clients.
- Make copies for staff and scan necessary documents for files.
- File, retrieve, and update documents and reports.
- Maintain and log daily sign-in sheets for students.
- Provide timely data entry in DYCD Connect and other Adult Education Funder databases which also includes enrolling students and assisting with programming.
- Assists participants in obtaining vital social services within the neighborhood.
- Assessing participants’ needs for community resources.
- Provide referral services to other Union Settlement programs when necessary, as well as to other external resources.
- Create monthly program reports detailing all services provided for participants.
- Attend community events to promote Career Training program alongside other Union Settlement programs
- Maintain case records and program documentation in accordance with agency and program guidelines.
- Conduct workshops that provide necessary life skills for participants.
- Work with participants to assess strengths, needs and resources; develop an individualized strategy to meet short- and long-term goals; and follow up to determine whether goals have been met and/or needs have changed.
- Develop and maintain resource information database for future use.
Conduct periodic assessments of enrolled participants to determine progress.
- Develop and manage an Individualized Service Plan coordinating with Participants and other community resources and agencies.
- Teach problem solving and appropriate coping techniques to enhance participant life skills function.
- Develop and maintain resource information.
- Follow-up on referrals you make on behalf of a participant and respond to all referrals made to the program.
- Maintain linkages to ensure documentation and verification of participant outcomes.
- Participate in training opportunities as assigned.
- Maintain and ensure HIPAA confidentiality of records (daily).
- Regularly required to talk, hear, walk, stand, & sit.
- Able to climb stairs if necessary.
- Able to operate a computer keyboard, mouse & office equipment.
- Ability to read printed materials and computer screens.
- Associates degree in social services or related field with two years’ experience in a social service setting or in providing direct services to individuals or families or Bachelor degree in social work or related field.
- Must be bilingual (English and Spanish).
- Ability to work both independently and as a team with an equal amount of focus and enthusiasm.
- High degree of discretion and respect for confidentiality.
Good verbal and written command of the English Language.
- Proficient in computer software applications, Excel, and Microsoft Office.
- Good time management, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Frequently lifts and/or moves up to 30 pounds.
- Able to work flexible hours and days – including weekends/evenings/holidays according to needs of a 24/7 program.
UNION SETTLEMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com