Website Union Settlement
Union Settlement is an East Harlem based nonprofit organization founded in 1895. For 128 years, Union Settlement has provided critical and innovative programming to children, youth, families, and older adults. As a pioneer of the settlement house movement, Union Settlement continues to meet the needs of the ever-changing East Harlem community through its core programs. Through these programs, New Yorkers gain opportunities, develop skills, and become empowered to pursue and achieve their dreams.
Today, Union Settlement provides services through 33 program sites in approximately 28 locations. Union Settlement’s current programmatic portfolio includes 8 core program areas: Early Childhood Education, Youth Services (including after school programs), Family Services (including the Family Enrichment Center and the Family Childcare Network), the East Harlem Community Partnership, Adult Education, Mental Health Services, Older Adult Centers, and Economic Development. Union Settlement serves more than 10,000 individuals and nearly 1,000 businesses every year.
Strengthened by a dynamic, diverse, and collaborative workforce of more than 350 employees, Union Settlement also serves as a connector, convener, and advocate for East Harlem and its partners. To learn more about Union Settlement, visit www.unionsettlement.org
Position: Operations Coordinator
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Salary: $50,000 – $60,000
Positions Reporting to this Role: None
The Operations Coordinator is a key member of Union Settlement’s Operations Department and is involved in a wide variety of administrative and operational activities, including facilities, information technology, insurance, transportation, community outreach and workplace health and safety issues. Provide support at the front desk at Sendero Verde along with coordinating special events, provides administrative support to Executive Team, controls traffic into and out of the office, adheres to front desk visitor check-in protocols, answers, and transfers phone calls, accepts and tracks delivery packages, maintains the upkeep of office supplies, coordinates with facilities to schedule vendors making repairs at the office, and actively participates in office operations planning. The Operations Coordinator assists the Chief Operating Officer in supporting and enhancing the many vital programs and services that Union Settlement provides to the East Harlem community, and helps ensure that Union Settlement remains in compliance with all applicable statutory and regulatory requirements relating to agency operations.
· Assists with the management of daily agency operational activities.
· Works closely with the Facilities, Information Technology and Outreach Departments, as well as agency Program Directors, to ensure proper functioning of agency operations.
· Conducts walk-throughs of sites to ensure compliance with all health and safety requirements, including but not limited to compliance with regulatory requirements and COVID-19 and other safety-related policies and practices.
· Ensures that Union Settlement maintains all appropriate insurance coverage.
· Assists with coordination of Facilities and Information department projects, including tracking assignments, progress, and project completion timetables.
· Serves as primary liaison with various vendors and independent contractors, and maintains Operations Department vendor management systems, including managing insurance documents for vendors that undertake work at agency facilities.
· Participates in project management activities to develop new facilities, programs, and protocols in a dynamic, organized, collaborative environment.
· Assists with the planning and organizing of events and staff training.
· Prepares and maintains Operations Department documents and reports.
· Manages system for disseminating all building keys and performs key audits to maintain agency safety.
· Reconciles and maintains all accounting information for all Operations Department credit card charges monthly.
· Creates and manages project lists.
· Serves as a key point of contact and gatekeeper for Operations Department.
· Manage the front desk, including a multi-line phone system, buzzer/intercom system, panic button, and ADT system.
· Serve as the Sendero Verde Office’s first point of contact for all visitors to the office.
· Prepare the conference rooms for large group meetings, including ordering breakfast or lunch for meeting participants, printing, and stapling meeting packets for the meeting lead.
· Provide administrative support to the Executive Team as needed.
· Provide excellent customer service to employees, visitors, vendors, and program participants.
· Maintain conference room calendars.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal Operations Coordinator will have the following qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· Fluency in English and Spanish is preferred.
· A minimum of 5 years’ experience in an operational or administrative role, ideally involving organizational operations, facilities oversight, and/or project management, with nonprofit organization experience preferred.
· Demonstrated computer and technology skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office suite programs.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Excellent organizational, analytical, administrative, and budgeting skills.
· Ability to undertake and balance multiple tasks at the same time.
· Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
· Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
· Self-directed and able to take initiative.
· Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and handle sensitive matters with tact and diplomacy.
· A commitment to social service and social justice.
· A dedicated work ethic.
· Unquestioned personal and professional integrity.
· 35-hour on-site work week.
· Travel to multiple sites within East Harlem required.
· Sitting for extended periods of time.
· Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other computer components.
· Occasional lifting of moderately heavy objects, such as tables, chairs, and boxes.
CO R E CO M P E T E N C IE S
• Leading Others: Creates a sense of urgency throughout the organization on the importance of achieving outcomes. Inspires, influences, and enables team members to reach their goals
• Facilitating Change: Approaches challenges with creativity and flexibility. Demonstrates analytical thinking. Guides change to meet Union Settlement’s goals.
• Managing Performance: Evaluates and revises goals semi-annually with the team. Provides consistent supervision and documents performance highlights and concerns
• Applying and Developing Expertise: Embraces and leads the team to achieve milestones. Seeks and supports professional development opportunities for team members. Manages finances and budgets effectively
• Communicating and Collaborating: Listens well and actively engages with others with honesty and integrity and holds team accountable to the same standard
Union Settlement’s Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Commitment
Union Settlement is an equal opportunity employer. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.