Website Union Settlement
Union Settlement is an on-the-ground resource for the community.
Union Settlement is an East Harlem based nonprofit organization founded in 1895. For 128 years, Union Settlement has provided critical and innovative programming to children, youth, families, and older adults. As a pioneer of the settlement house movement, Union Settlement continues to meet the needs of the ever-changing East Harlem community through its core programs. Through these programs, New Yorkers gain opportunities, develop skills, and become empowered to pursue and achieve their dreams.
Today, Union Settlement provides services through 33 program sites in approximately 28 locations. Union Settlement’s current programmatic portfolio includes 8 core program areas: Early Childhood Education, Youth Services (including after school programs), Family Services (including the Family Enrichment Center and the Family Childcare Network), the East Harlem Community Partnership, Adult Education, Mental Health Services, Older Adult Centers, and Economic Development. Union Settlement serves more than 10,000 individuals and nearly 1,000 businesses every year.
Strengthened by a dynamic, diverse, and collaborative workforce of more than 350 employees, Union Settlement also serves as a connector, convener, and advocate for East Harlem and its partners. To learn more about Union Settlement, visit www.unionsettlement.org
Position: Manager, Data Analytics
Reports to: Chief Development & Communications Officer
Salary: $50,000 – $60,000
Location: On-site, with the potential for some remote work
Positions Reporting to this Role: None
Union Settlement seeks an organized, detail, and deadline-oriented individual to manage Salesforce, the donor management system used by the Development Department. This position is responsible for data structure, supervision, retrieval, report customization and analysis, policies & procedures, security, and data entry quality control. Department functions include donor relations and events; stewardship; individual, foundation, and corporate fundraising; publications; online and direct mail outreach; and assistance to the CEO’s office and other departments.
The Database Manager plays a key role in supporting Executive and Development staff responsible for the annual fund, the annual gala, major gifts, events, institutional giving, publications, and stewardship. In addition, the Database Manager is responsible for the processing of contributions, acknowledgments, payments, and purchase orders and is the point of contact for the reconciliation of all contributions and expenses with Finance. The Database Manager will also provide tactical solutions for implementing tasks related to the database.
- Maintain the overall quality and integrity of the database, including working with support staff to troubleshoot problems with the salesforce database and staying current with updates to the system.
- Maintain highly accurate and current donor data that effectively track key information, cultivation activities and histories, and solicitation and reporting calendars.
- Work with the Chief Development Officer to establish and maintain best practices and procedures.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly revenue reports, weekly report recaps, and reports for the Development Committee and Board of Directors.
- Reconcile gifts with the Finance Department.
- Support the Finance Department with the annual audit.
- Respond to requests from other Development and executive staff for updates to the database and fundraising reports.
- Create and generate various financial and dashboard reports for the Development Department, as well as other staff.
- Generate various mailing lists for the Development Department and other staff.
- Generate timely acknowledgment letters to donors (within 48 hours of receipt of gift).
- Establish and codify database best practices.
- Work effectively as a member of multiple project teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to travel Bachelor’s Degree in a related field; Master’s Degree in a related field a plus.
- Five plus years’ experience with Donor Databases, Salesforce preferred.
- Experience in establishing and institutionalizing donor database best practices.
- Familiarity with social service programs and a strong desire to help improve the lives of the residents in East Harlem.
- Excellent organizational ability and interpersonal skills.
- Overall flexibility and ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- A dedicated work ethic, diligence, and readiness to be a hands-on team member with a keen eye for detail.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Suite experience is essential.
- Excellent computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Suite. Preference for advanced skills in Excel, data analysis and creating data visualizations.
- Demonstrated ability to perform multiple tasks effectively in a fast-paced, challenging, and constantly changing environment.
- Knowledge of East Harlem community strongly preferred.
CO R E CO M P E T E N C IE S
- Leading Others: Creates a sense of urgency throughout the organization on the importance of achieving outcomes. Inspires, influences, and enables team members to reach their goals
- Facilitating Change: Approaches challenges with creativity and flexibility. Demonstrates analytical thinking. Guides change to meet Union Settlement’s goals.
- Managing Performance: Evaluates and revises goals semi-annually with the team. Provides consistent supervision and documents performance highlights and concerns
- Applying and Developing Expertise: Embraces and leads the team to achieve milestones. Seeks and supports professional development opportunities for team members. Manages finances and budgets effectively
- Communicating and Collaborating: Listens well and actively engages with others with honesty and integrity and holds team accountable to the same standard
Union Settlement’s Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Commitment
Union Settlement is an equal opportunity employer. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.