Website Union Settlement
Union Settlement Association is an on-the-ground resource for East Harlem residents of all ages, and a passionate advocate for the needs of underserved communities. Since opening our doors in 1895, we have brought education, wellness and community-building programs to our neighborhood, empowering New Yorkers with opportunities to better their lives. More than 350 staff work in our organization, and our services impact 10,000 people every year. By helping our neighbors realize their goals, we build the vitality and success of East Harlem. For more information about Union Settlement, please visit our website at www.unionsettlement.org.
Position: Center Director – Corsi Senior Center
Department: Senior Services
Reports to: Director of Senior Services and Deputy Director of Senior Services
Salary: $50,000 w/ Comprehensive Benefits Package
Under the supervision of the Director and Deputy Director, the Center Director is responsible for the overall organization and operation of the Senior Center, including program planning and execution, client services, nutrition services, and reporting. The Center Director is also responsible for acting as a liaison between Union Settlement Association and any other programs that share space in the same building.
· Plan, implement, and supervise all elements of the program at the Senior Center, under the direction of the Director and Deputy Director.
· Plan and execute exercise, health management, and nutrition programs, as well as arts and culture, technology, recreational, and educational activities in compliance with the Department for the Aging (DFTA) contract.
· Oversee the on-site operation of food service, including recording the temperature of food when it arrives at the center and at serving time.
· Ensure all clients attending the center are properly registered. Provide case assistance and information and referrals.
· Supervise the Case Assistance Worker, Assistant Cook, and Maintenance Worker.
· Immediately report any incidents or accidents at the center to the Director and Deputy Director of Senior Services, and prepare required forms for DFTA.
· Compile statistics, prepare reports, keep attendance, and other required records.
· Ensure that the Senior Center is clean, well maintained, and attractive.
· Represent agency at community and inter-agency activities. Act as liaison with NYCHA and Union Settlement departments, as appropriate.
· Supervise breakfast and lunch service, and dining room, as needed.
· Assist in inventory control and request supplies when needed.
· Collaborate with Volunteer Coordinator to supervise Senior Center volunteers, Telephone Reassurance, and Friendly Visiting for former center members.
· Collaborate with Health Coordinator to implement health and wellness activities at the Senior Center.
· Collaborate with advisory council.
· Supervise and coordinate activities of volunteer workers.
· Additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Human Services, or related field; or two years of college and two years demonstrated experience working with aging populations.
· Bilingual (English/Spanish) required.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Excellent organizational, verbal, and written skills.
· Excellent computer skills.
· Demonstrated ability to perform multiple tasks effectively in a fast-paced, challenging, and constantly changing environment.
· Knowledge of East Harlem community.
· Demonstrated understanding of the challenges facing aging populations.
· An innovative and patient professional dedicated to serving aging populations.
Please send Cover Letter, Resume and 3 Professional References to:
Please indicate Center Director – Corsi Senior Center in the subject of e-mail.
UNION SETTLEMENT ASSOCIATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com