Website Union Settlement
Union Settlement is an on-the-ground resource for East Harlem residents of all ages, and a passionate advocate for the needs of underserved communities. Since opening our doors in 1895, we have brought education, wellness and community-building programs to our neighborhood, empowering New Yorkers with opportunities to better their lives. More than 350 staff work in our organization, and our services impact 10,000 people every year. By helping our neighbors realize their goals, we build the vitality and success of East Harlem. For more information about Union Settlement, please visit our website at www.unionsettlement.org.
Position: Associate Director of Youth Program Quality and Compliance
Department: Youth Services
Reports to: Director of Youth Services
Salary: $70,000 – 75,000
Union Settlement seeks an exceptional Associate Director of Youth Program Quality and Compliance, who will be responsible for ensuring that all of Union Settlement’s youth programming is of the highest quality, utilizing outcome-based measurements and additional direct tracking methods. The Associate Director is responsible for ensuring quality program standard compliance for all youth development programs, and for the direction and implementation of program delivery relating to contract compliance, funder expectations, and monitoring and reporting results against performance goals. This is a full-time position supporting the Union Settlements Youth Services Department through goal setting and evaluation, grant, contract compliance, coordination of staff professional development, and site inspections. The Associate Director of Youth Program Quality and Compliance will work closely with the Director of Youth Services and Deputy Directors to oversee universal administration and pedagogical aspects of programming, including communication with funders, government agencies, program implementation, and professional development.
Responsibilities: Program Support
● Work with the Deputy Directors, Program Managers, and Program Directors to co-develop program and academic goals and benchmarks for evaluating them.
● Provide methods to gather program data for program grant reporting, progress reports, budgets, accounts receivables, and contract compliances.
● Coordinate Deputy Directors, Program Managers, and Program Directors to set program calendars and ensure programs meet benchmarks and program outcomes.
● Coordinate program marketing, communications to stakeholders, and oversight of culminating events.
● Ensure that the agency’s programs meet the educational and social-emotional needs of youth participants.
● Coordinate the efforts of all SONYC/COMPASS Middle School, Elementary School/Center-based programs, College Readiness, and Intergenerational Tutoring Programs, Workforce Development, and Disconnected Youth programs.
● Ensure all statutory and regulatory regulations are met, and all required licenses are up to date.
● Ensure all funding agency policies and procedures and Union Settlement policies and practices are enforced and followed.
● Collaborate with the Human Resources Department, Director of Youth Services, Deputy Directors, Program Managers, and Program to identify areas of needed training and facilitate such training.
● Define, measure, and evaluate program performance and create continuous improvement plans based on data.
Pedagogy and Curriculum Support
● Support the Program Managers and program directors in intentional pedagogic approaches and curriculum development, grounded in the latest evidence-based positive youth development framework, ensuring DOE/DYCD alignment, and sharing new trends curriculum/learning landscape).
● Support staff to align curriculum with DYCD logic models, strategic plans, rubrics, and frameworks.
● Work with the Program Managers and Program Directors to set instructional goals and review lesson plans periodically for quality assurance.
● Work with the Program Managers and Program Directors to conduct regular site visits observing instructional staff implementing after-school services.
Program Staff Support and Professional Development
● Work under the supervision of the Director of Youth Services.
● Support Human Resources for program staff, including onboarding and orientation, employee paperwork, benefits administration, timesheets, pay-time off, medical leave.
● Collect and review evidence with the staff of their accomplishments meeting goals.
● Support staff in coordinating culminating events.
● Foster a proactive learning community among staff members and key program stakeholders to encourage best practices, interdepartmental collaboration, and continuous program improvement.
● Foster internal and external strategic professional development opportunities for staff.
● Additional duties as assigned by the Director of Youth Services.
● Masters Degree in Education, School Counseling, Youth Development or a related field, from an accredited college or university, preferred;
● At least five years of experience in program management;
● At least three years of experience in program compliance, ideally including successful experience overseeing grant-funded contracts;
● Knowledge of NYC laws, regulation, policies, and systems governing youth services, including DOE, DYCD, and DOHMH regulations, as well as experience using Salesforce, DYCD Online/Connect, and Capricorn systems;
● Excellent organizational, analytical, financial management, and problem-solving skills;
● Excellent oral and written communication skills;
● Demonstrated computer skills, including significant experience using Excel;
● Demonstrated ability to perform multiple tasks effectively in a challenging and fast-paced environment;
● Demonstrated understanding of the challenges facing youth in an urban setting, ideally including an understanding of the needs of youth and families in East Harlem;
● Ability to listen to and address concerns of youth and parents with care and compassion;
● Unquestioned personal and professional integrity;
● A dedicated work ethic;
● Ability to multi-task and attend to details while keeping an eye on the big picture;
● Experience with and respect for protocol;
● Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
Please send a cover letter, resume, writing sample, salary requirements, and contact information for at least three professional references.
UNION SETTLEMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.