Website The New York Academy of Medicine
About The New York Academy of Medicine:
The New York Academy of Medicine (NYAM) tackles the barriers that prevent every individual from living a healthy life. NYAM generates the knowledge needed to change the systems that prevent people from accessing what they need to be healthy such as safe and affordable housing, healthy food, healthcare and more. Through its high-profile programming for the general public, focused symposia for health professionals, and its base of dedicated Fellows and Members, NYAM engages the minds and hearts of those who value advancing health equity to maximize health for all.
The Executive Assistant directly supports the Senior Vice President, Finance & Administration and NYAM’s administrative and operational teams: Finance, Human Resources, Grants and Contracts, Facilities, Information Technology, and the Education and Conference Center. The position requires an innovative, well-organized individual with excellent communication, writing, and customer service skills, an ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines, attention to detail, a professional attitude, and the ability to maintain strict confidentiality. The position provides basic administrative support and performs several key functions:
- Conserve SVP’s time and maintain calendar by planning and scheduling meetings and travel
- Assist the SVP with correspondence, record keeping, and special projects as required
- Serve as a welcoming, helpful point of contact for all constituencies, anticipating and identifying ways to support the SVP and the efforts of all teams at NYAM
- Provide support for all Board presentations and meetings related to the office of the SVP as needed
- Provide administrative support to SVP’s direct report units to maintain and improve workflow efficiency
- Other duties as assigned
- A proactive, engaged, flexible, and collaborative approach to work and a genuine interest in the mission of the organization, including a commitment to NYAM’s work in the area of equity and inclusion
- Ability to prioritize workflow and self-identify appropriate deadlines
- High degree of care and accuracy in detailed task
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of Salesforce helpful
- A high degree of discretion
There is a COVID-19 vaccine mandate in place at NYAM. Currently, staff is working in a hybrid situation due to the COVID-19 pandemic, however, this full-time position is expected to become primarily on site as restrictions ease.
Please submit resume and cover letter for consideration.
The New York Academy of Medicine is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.