Website The New York Academy of Medicine
About The New York Academy of Medicine:
The New York Academy of Medicine is a leading voice for innovation in public health. Throughout our 175-year history, we have uniquely championed bold changes to the systems that perpetuate health inequities and keep all communities from achieving good health. Today, this work includes innovative research, programs, and policy initiatives that distinctively value community input for maximum impact. Combined with our trusted public programming, historic library, and with the support of our esteemed Fellows and Members, NYAM’s legacy as a public health leader continues.
As a key member of the Finance team, this position is responsible for accounting and analysis at the agency level and for awarded grants. The successful candidate will have demonstrated accomplishments in grants management, accounting, and system proficiency, and will have a hands-on role in improving on legacy processes and information management. The Senior Grants & Budget Analyst reports to the Associate Director of Finance, and will work closely with other Finance staff and Academy leadership.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accounting & Audit Support at the agency level including monthly grant expense allocations, period-end close schedules and reconciliations, and schedules for audits and the Form 990.
- Department Support, acting as the Finance liaison for a portfolio of departments to assist with budget development, analysis, and other financial matters.
- Financial Reporting to internal management and funders, GL maintenance, and report development.
- Budgeting annually for a portfolio of NYAM departments by collaborating with department heads, and inputting grant budgets in the GL system throughout the year.
- Cross train with fellow NYAM Finance staff to ensure continuity and development.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Previous experience accounting for grants and contracts in a nonprofit organization (government, foundation and private grants).
- Hands-on proficiency with accounting systems, including report writing, journal entries, and account setup and maintenance.
- Advanced data analysis skills and accomplishments in financial system improvements.
- At least 10 years of related experience.
- Accounting degree.
- A high degree of discretion.
- Familiarity with government grant guidelines, submissions and oversight.
- Experience using Abila MIP accounting system.
- System implementation experience a plus.
- Public Accounting audit experience a plus.
There is a COVID-19 vaccine mandate in place at NYAM. Currently, staff is working in a hybrid situation, however, this may change in accordance with organizational policies.
Salary range: $78,000 – $98,000 annually
Please submit resume and cover letter for consideration.
The New York Academy of Medicine is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.