Website The New York Academy of Medicine
About The New York Academy of Medicine:
The New York Academy of Medicine is a leading voice for innovation in public health. Throughout our 176-year history, we have uniquely championed changes to the systems that perpetuate health inequities and that keep all communities from achieving good health. Today, this work includes innovative research, programs, and policy initiatives that distinctively value community input for maximum impact. Combined with our trusted public programming, historic library, and with the support of our esteemed Fellows and Members, NYAM’s legacy as a public health leader moves boldly forward.
- Responsible for the cleanliness and repair of all items on specified floors of the building
- Cleaning will consist of all offices, common areas, restrooms, and event spaces
- Maintain the general cleanliness of the buildings and grounds, including front of building and doors, and including snow removal
- Inspection of any light fixtures that are out and replace any bulbs, etc.
- Assist in setting up and coordinating set-up and clean-up for all meetings and special events, including lifting tables and placing chairs
- Assist with delivery of furniture and supplies to the building
- Accommodate staff requests for maintenance services as instructed by supervisor
- Removal of all trash as directed
- Assist with handyman helper tasks as required
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will
- Practice care in the maintenance of the facility and pride in their work
- Recognize the contributions of others and collaborate effectively both within and outside the department
- Communicate well with others
- Be flexible and enthusiastic and persistent in overcoming obstacles
- Demonstrate an ability to think and act independently while exercising good judgment and taking the initiative to solve problems
- Have a desire to expand knowledge and develop professionally
- 2-5 years of maintenance staff experience required
- Working knowledge of procedures relevant to the job function
- A familiarization with local, state, and federal regulations governing buildings in NYC or an ability to acquire such knowledge
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions
This full-time, non-exempt position is fully on site at the NYAM’s location. The physical demands and work environment described here represent those that an employee must meet or encounter to successfully perform this job’s essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, handle or feel for objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, speak, and hear. In addition, this position requires an employee to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and move up to 50 pounds, occasionally more. Job’s specific vision abilities include distance, color, peripheral, and the ability to adjust and focus.
There is a COVID-19 vaccine mandate in place at NYAM.
The New York Academy of medicine offers an excellent comprehensive benefits package. Hourly rate is $17.00 – $19.00.
To apply, please submit resume.
The New York Academy of Medicine is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.