Randall's Island Park Alliance, Inc
Job: Seasonal Icahn Stadium Maintenance Worker (7)
Department: Icahn Stadium
Job Type: Full-time; Seasonal; 40 hours per week; nights and weekends required, overtime when required; Non-Exempt
Pay Rate: $19.10/hour (New Hire)
Duration: March 4 – November 23, 2024
Benefits: Health insurance, paid time off, free parking on site, etc.
Work Location: Randall’s Island Park, New York, NY
The Seasonal Icahn Stadium Maintenance Worker will report to the Director of Icahn Stadium and the Manager of Icahn Stadium and work with other members of the Icahn Stadium crew to maintain a general upkeep of Randall’s Island Parks’ Icahn Stadium and the Randall’s Island Park grounds. The Seasonal Icahn Stadium Maintenance Worker will be required to work on-site and at times, outdoors as well as nights and weekends. The Seasonal Icahn Maintenance Worker will also work with other crews to assist with general park maintenance, including general custodial and cleaning duties.
• Work with the Director of Icahn Stadium, the Manager of Icahn Stadium and the other members of the Icahn Stadium Crew to perform light repair and general maintenance work in Icahn Stadium and the surrounding park facilities
• Performs general custodial and cleaning duties including, but not limited to, cleaning dirt accumulation and debris from monuments/structures, picking up litter, and raking debris
• Assist with event set-up and clean-up for graduations, track meets, programming events, etc.
• Operate hand tools and small equipment such as blowers, and motorized equipment
• Ensure all equipment is secure and well-maintained, including performing minor repairs to equipment and machinery
• Complete simple reports on activities performed
• Interact with park patrons with a welcoming and friendly demeanor
• Assist other departments, when needed
• Other general tasks as assigned
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
• Willing to work in all types of weather, under strenuous conditions.
• Ability to work holidays, evenings and weekends.
• Ability to perform physical labor; must be able to lift 50lbs.
• Motivated and punctual, able to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to collaborate and create positive working relationships.
• Valid Driver License.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Experience in maintenance/custodial work.
• Detail-oriented, with considerable attention to order and cleanliness.
• Good communication skills.
To apply for this job please visit jobapply.page.link.