The Senior Property Manager is responsible for oversight of the day-to-day operations at the multiple properties to ensure effectiveness, great resident relationship. Maintain strong relationships and partner to collaborate on short, intermediate, and long-term real estate strategies that meet Hope Community, Inc.’s objectives and goals
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Develop strategies and recommendations for individual real estate assets and coordinating communication to both internal staff and external partners
· Deliver a broad range of property management services to a diverse portfolio of apartment buildings
· Present the status of goals and objectives on an ongoing basis
· Form effective working relationships and networks with vendors, contractors, third party property managers, appraisers, brokers, and other service providers to ensure timely and superior completion of all projects and deliverables
· Travel to real estate locations, client meetings, and internal meetings on an as needed basis
· Maximize revenue, control expenses, and enhance value on retained real estate assets
· Maintain relationships with all tenants on all assigned properties to ensure steady cash flows and enhance the value of the asset
· Obtain and maintain industry designations applicable to this position, fulfilling ongoing mandatory education and training requirements as necessary
· Maintain monthly and annual compliance and regulatory deadlines for annual reviews, inspections, and triennial appraisals
· Advanced knowledge of Section 8 housing, Home and Tax Credit programs
· Prioritize and delegate projects to appropriate support resources and oversee ongoing progress
· Adhere to internal and external policies and procedures
· Prepare documentation required for legal proceedings relative to residential leaseholder matters.
· Work closely with housing real estate development staff to ensure long-term sustainability of new affordable housing developments.
· Research partnership agreements, financing documents, regulatory agreements, tax returns and other sources to determine financing structures and constraints. Develop long term debt plan including amortization of soft debt, refinancing parameters, recapitalization of reserves and cash proceeds for acquisition or distribution.
· Ensure compliance with financial lenders and governmental regulators.
· Responds to all telephone and other communications promptly, courteously, and professionally
· Handles and resolves complaints
· Assist in the legal process of pursuing non-payment of rent and non- compliance actions
· Attend court hearing for LT, HPD, DSNY and DOB
· Applies sustained and diligent effort to assure fair and consistent lease enforcement
· Walks the property frequently and inspects the apartments, at least annually, to note any deficiencies and take corrective action in a timely manner
· Conduct move-in and move-out unit inspections
· Monitor’s work demands and controls/assigns work to assure maximum production, productivity, and work quality of maintenance personnel
· Reviews reports from the accounting and maintenance budgeting system to track and ensure effective management, preparation of financial reports and budgets
· Prepares reports on tenant operations and tenant account records.
Education and/or Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree, 5+ years of experience within Asset Management, or a minimum of 8 years equivalent level experience in Asset Management, Property Management, or Commercial Real Estate preferred or any similar combination of education and experience
· Working knowledge and experience managing low income housing subsidy programs like HUD, HCR, and Tax Credits properties
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
· Willingness to obtain and maintain industry designations applicable to this position
· Ability to fulfill ongoing mandatory education and training requirements as necessary
· Strong interpersonal skills and problem-solving ability
· Experience with Yardi software is a plus
· Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service
· Excellent oral and written communications skills
Certifications and Licensing
Registered Apartment Management (RAM), Certified Manager of Housing (CHM), or Certified Property Manager (CPM) Certification and tax certification TaCC’s.
Job Type: Full-time
Paid time off
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org