Hope Community Inc – Not for profit organization comprised of 15 real estate entities with over 70 individual buildings and the corporate entity with 10 departments is looking for Senior Accountant to join our accounting department. Position reports to the Controller. Supervises 2 bookkeepers
Position oversees the daily accounting procedures of the fiscal department as well as work with controller on closing process and preparation of audit papers for the CPA firm
Person must be:
· well organized, detail oriented and a good communicator
· able to assure accuracy of financial reporting and meet tight deadlines
· effective at analyzing accounting data
· Review and approve payables and receivables billing adjustments and deposits. Maintain cash flow schedules.
· Preparation of monthly pre-posting reports for accounts receivables
· Preparation and posting of monthly journal entries including accruals and prepaids
· Reconciliation and analysis of g/l accounts for discrepancies on a monthly basis
· Maintenance of fixed asset files, preparation of annual depreciation schedules and posting of monthly depreciation and amortization expense
· Calculation of accrued interest for various loans and notes payable
· Work on the analysis of the performance of properties actuals vs. budgets on a monthly cash basis
· Preparation of quarterly reports for partners and syndicators.
· Work on annual close of properties and preparation of audit papers
· Accounting degree
· 3+ years’ experience
· Minimum of 1year Yardi experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $77,000.00 per year
Paid time off
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org