Hope Community, Inc. is a dynamic, not-for-profit community-based neighborhood preservation corporation located in East Harlem. Hope Community procures financing for, and constructs, markets, and manages a diversified housing portfolio for households with special needs, and for low and moderate income. Hope Community currently manages over 1,530 apartments through its participation in various federal, state, city, and private programs.
The position of porter reports directly to Superintendent and will also receive work direction from the Assistant Facilities Manager.
Each Building Porter also participates as a support to his/her Property Management Team in collaboration with their team.
This is a multiple incumbent position, and each incumbent has full accountability for property maintenance for their Hope Community building sites.
· Provide day-to-day janitorial maintenance of the assigned building and all its surrounding property.
· In coordination with Assistant Facilities manager, and Superintendent ensure that there is coverage of assigned property during weekends, evenings, and holidays.
· Provide full assistance and support as requested to the designated Property Management Team to ensure that Hope Community Inc. through the work of this team is providing the highest quality of integrated and coordinated services to leaseholders and tenants.
· Provide high quality services, to internal and external Hope customers
· Conduct and complete any special projects assigned by Assistant Facilities Manager, Property Manager, or the Director of Property Maintenance.
· Be able to report to his/her superintendent about issues throughout the building.
· Enforce Hope Community policies and building rules and regulations consistently inside and outside the property with regard to leaseholders and tenants.
· As needed, stand in for other Porters to maintain a continuous flow of maintenance services to all leaseholders and tenants.
• Sweep sidewalks daily and 18″ into the street from the curb.
• Sweep halls everyday
• Mop halls everyday
• Strip and wax floors based on a schedule
• Bag-up overflow garbage and clean up after sanitation men.
• Maintain roof, courtyards, and air shafts in clean condition.
• Hose down sidewalks as needed.
• Maintain sidewalks and stoops free of snow and ice, according to law.
• Clean and prepare vacant apartments for rental.
• Remove and replace broken appliances.
• Keep all basements clean and floors painted.
• Wipe down public area walls and windows and light fixtures.
• Cut grass and pull weeds in all back yards and courtyards.
• Be able to change out light bulbs in public areas.
• Paint Graffiti
· High School Diploma or GED required
· English and Spanish language sufficiency required
· 3 years previous related experience required
· Computer literate
· Hands-on action-oriented, detail-focused individual
· Commitment to, and enthusiasm for, promotion of Hope Community’s mission.
· Ability and enthusiasm for working with staff at all levels of the organization in a collaborative team approach.
· Ability to exercise sound judgment concerning crisis management, and resident relations.
Additional Position Information
· This position is subject to overtime pay.
Job Type: Full-time
This is a Union Job
Health insurance – Provide by the union
Dental Insurance – Provide by the union
Vision Insurance – Provide by the union
Paid time off
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com