Website Center For Urban Community Services
The Prince George is located in the heart of the Flat Iron district of Midtown – Manhattan on 28th street. We are a part of a larger Non-Profit, Social Services agency called The Center for Urban Community Services (CUCS). We primarily offer housing for low income individuals as well as supportive housing to formerly homeless individuals who have suffered various forms of traumas in their past, generally leading to mental illnesses, and substance abuse.
The Prince George has 415 units of supportive housing in one building with a staff of 24 dedicated on-site clinicians. We provide Evidence Based, Person Centered, Recovery oriented services to our clients in order to help them live as full and satisfying lives as possible. We strive to help our clients fully reintegrate into the larger community such as helping them to obtain employment, substance abuse recovery, return to school, volunteer, and/or helping them rekindle passions that they had before they became ill.
Due to the COVID pandemic we are temporarily working on a remote rotation schedule. 1 week on-site, 2 weeks remote.The hours are currently 9-5. This is subject to change.
The Case Manager at the Prince George will carry a caseload of between 25- 30 clients. The Case Manager is responsible to provide direct services to each individual including but not limited to:
1. Using a Person-Centered approach to helping the clients on your caseload set goals, identify interests, and address concerns,
2. Help the client to identify Interest and involvement in employment, education, volunteering, and other adult role activities
3. Be a source of support in a non-judgmental manner,
4. Help your clients to identify positive ways of spending time,
5. Help your clients to understand and proactively address diagnosis (medical, psychiatric, substance abuse),
6. Utilize psycho-educational techniques to help clients understand, adhere to, and advocate with their providers medication regimens.
7. Regularly assess for risk factors for violence against self or others,
8. Utilizing the client’s psychosocial history, in order to best understand them and provide strategic interventions and services.
9. Regularly coordinate care with all collateral contacts.
10. Assist some clients with the self-administration of medication as necessary.
Due to our funding requirements we may only consider applicants for the Case Management position:
That have a Four-Year College degree OR
Candidates who have a High School Diploma and 4 years of related Social Services experience.
Spanish speaking preferred.
CUCS is an EEO Employer and Prohibits Discrimination/Harassment of Any Kind.
Upload resume&cover letter in one doc. Applicants will only be considered for position applied for.
TO APPLY PLEASE COPY AND PASTE URL PROVIDED BELOW TO YOUR BROWSER:
To apply for this job please visit secure4.entertimeonline.com.