Website Center For Urban Community Services
The Center for Urban Community Services, a national leader in the development of effective housing and service initiatives for homeless people invites applications for a Social Worker position at The Sydelle, a 107 unit supportive housing program for low income and formerly homeless individuals and families. The population served includes individuals with histories of trauma, substance abuse and mental illness. At The Sydelle, we provide evidence based person-centered services that are recovery-oriented in order to help our clients live as full and satisfying lives as possible. The Sydelle is located in the East Tremont section of the Bronx.
The Social Worker at The Sydelle will carry a caseload of approximately 22 individuals and families. The Social Worker’s role is to help clients to build full and satisfying lives by achieving goals that are meaningful to them. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Use a Person-Centered approach to help clients set goals, identify interests, and address concerns.
– Help clients to explore interest and involvement in employment, education, volunteering, and other adult role activities.
– Be a source of non-judgmental support.
– Help clients to identify positive ways of spending time.
– Get to know clients and their psychosocial history in order to provide strategic interventions and services.
– Help clients to understand and proactively address diagnoses (medical, psychiatric, substance abuse, etc).
– Use psycho-educational techniques to help clients understand and adhere to mediation regimens, as well as advocate with their providers.
– Regularly assess risk factors for violence against self or others, and respond appropriately according to policy guidelines.
– Regularly coordinate care with all collateral contacts, including but not limited to family, providers, ACS and APS, Schools, etc.
– For family clients, maintain a strengths-based perspective to engage all members of the family in order to help improve family functioning.
The Social Worker serves on a team and is responsible for actively engaging in the program as a learner, culture-creator, and leader. The Social Worker will participate in and contribute to a program culture that is client-centered, outcome-oriented and dedicated to continuous quality improvement. The Social Worker is also expected to understand and support the management activities that ensure the good functioning of the team and the program as a whole. They may also be expected to provide oversight and support to their team in the absence of the Clinical Supervisor the team leader. The Social Worker may be assigned additional responsibilities.
Experience and Education Required:
Related experience in the mental health field, and/or working with families strongly preferred
Excellent outreach, assessment, written and verbal communication skills
Computer literacy required
Bilingual Spanish/English preferred
Recent and upcoming graduates and experienced clinicians encouraged to apply
CUCS requires that all full-time social workers who provide services within the LMSW scope of practice to be licensed within 6 months from date of hire
CUCS is an EEO Employer and Prohibits Discrimination/Harassment of Any Kind.
You will be able to work toward your LCSW by obtaining the necessary clinical practice
Upload resume&cover letter in one doc. Applicants will only be considered for position applied for.
TO APPLY PLEASE COPY AND PASTE URL PROVIDE BELOW TO YOUR BROWSER:
To apply for this job please visit secure4.entertimeonline.com.