Website Union Settlement
Position: Summer Recreational Coordinator
Department: Mental Health Services
Reports to: School Site Program Coordinator
Hours: Part-time, Monday through Friday from 9am to 3pm
Union Settlement Association operates a 6 week summer camp at P.S. 146 to serve children between the ages of 5 and 12 years, have been diagnosed with ADHD, Oppositional Defiant Disorder, anxiety, etc. and are receiving counseling and psychiatric services at our clinic. Students who attend will participate in daily individual and group counseling;
The Recreational Coordinator will plan, coordinate, and deliver activities for all children attending the summer camp at P.S. 146.
· Report to and work jointly with the School Site Program Coordinator to prepare curriculum and activities.
· Actively participate in the planning, organizing, and coordinating of all recreational activities.
· Supervise and closely monitor each child as activities take place.
· Contribute with the assessment of activities and needs of each student’s developmental, social and cognitive level.
· Assist children with their individual needs as indicated (i.e. toileting, mobility issues, elevator use, etc).
· Deliver and be involved in a diversity of physical, social, intellectual, cultural, and recreational activities consisting of individual, group, and independent activities.
· Plan and coordinate daily activities with other recreational counselors for all students and ensure safety for participants.
· Prepare facility (gymnasium, classrooms, etc.) for planned events.
· Ensure facility is maintained and safety procedures are followed.
· Ensure participants are transported to and from activity/clinical/lunch rooms.
· Monitor recreational events as they take place
· Additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Health Care, Human Services, or related field.
· A strong understanding of, affection for, and a desire to work with children with Special Needs.
· At least two years of experience with the developmentally disabled population preferred, but not required.
· The ability to work well with other staff members.
· Ability to adapt to change and handle crisis and emergencies.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Excellent organizational, verbal, and written skills.
· Excellent computer skills.
· Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
Please send cover letter, resume, references, and salary requirements to:
Please indicate Summer Recreational Coordinator in subject of e-mail.
Submissions without salary requirements will not be considered.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://unionsettlement.org/about/employment-opportunities/ →