Website Union Settlement
Position: Assistant Bookkeeper
Department: Early Childhood Education
Reports to: Educational/Site Director
· Compute both regular and substitute staff payrolls.
· Collect parent fees and generate fee collection reports. Checks receipts and totals against actual cash collected. Report arrears on fees to Educational/Site Director weekly.
· Receive and greet all staff, families and guests at the center, ensuring that all guests and consultants sign into appropriate logs.
· Answer and direct all incoming phone calls for the center; take and relay messages when appropriate.
· Collect time sheets and prepare for the approval by Educational/Site Director. Submit time sheets to payroll after approval by Educational/Site Director.
· Manage petty cash accounts.
· Prepare child care center’s USDA reports.
· Assist Educational/Site Director in maintaining all personnel records, which includes employee time and leave records.
· Prepare all reports for the funding source.
· Maintain children’s attendance records.
· Maintain child care center’s files, and type reports and memos.
· Maintain confidentiality in regards to all reports and files, including employee personnel files and children’s enrollment files.
· Submit fees and receipts to Finance Department weekly.
· Prepare children’s attendance reports.
· Additional duties as assigned by the Educational/Site Director, the Assistant Director of Early Childhood Education, or the Director of Early Childhood Education.
· High School Diploma or HSE and two years bookkeeping experience; Associate’s Degree or higher in accounting or successful completion of bookkeeping or accounting course preferred.
· Demonstrated experience in payroll, invoice, billing or other bookkeeping positions preferred.
· Ability to pass agency and funding source bookkeeping exams.
· Demonstrated computer proficiency, especially in Microsoft Word and Excel.
· Successful Department of Investigation and State Central Registry clearances required.
· A dedicated work ethic.
· Excellent organizational ability and interpersonal skills.
· Good computer skills and writing ability.
· Demonstrated ability to perform multiple tasks effectively in a fast-paced, challenging, and constantly changing environment.
· A strong desire to help improve the lives of the residents in the East Harlem community.
· Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
Please send Cover Letter, Resume, Salary Requirements, Writing Samples, and References to:email@example.com
Please indicate Assistant Bookkeeper in subject of e-mail.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://unionsettlement.org/about/employment-opportunities/ →