Center for Urban Community Services
CUCS helps people rise from poverty, exit homelessness, and be healthy. We excel at developing affordable housing and providing programs that link housing, health, and social services for low-income individuals and families.
CUCS is seeking a collaborative and high-energy Volunteer Coordinator to join its Development and Communications team. The Volunteer Coordinator will assist with the recruitment, coordination and on-going daily support of CUCS volunteers.
Recruitment & Training:
• Promote volunteerism throughout the organization.
• Help to develop a recruitment strategy for new volunteers (corporate groups and individuals).
• Research and staff volunteer recruitment events, including corporate volunteer fairs.
• Assist with the development, maintenance and distribution of volunteer informational materials both internally and externally.
• Work closely with Development and Communication team members to promote opportunities through multiple channels including social media, newsletters, website etc.
• Maintain a curriculum for volunteer orientation.
• Schedule and facilitate Volunteer Orientations.
• Coordinate and document background checks and security clearances when applicable.
Policies and Procedures:
• Assist with the development and maintenance of volunteer policies and procedures and volunteer manual.
• Assist with the development of and provide on-going oversight of a volunteer database.
• Compile volunteer hours, assist with reports as needed.
• Identify needs of organization that could be fulfilled through meaningful volunteer engagement.
• Assist with the development of rewarding volunteer activities both corporate and individual:
Coordinate with program staff and others to develop, schedule and oversee volunteer opportunities.
Organize and complete administrative tasks as needed.
• Organize/coordinate volunteers to staff special events and fundraisers as needed
• Provide volunteers support and guidance, foster a positive environment, establish and maintain strong relationships, encourage volunteer motivation, facilitate on-going connection to CUCS’ mission.
• Act as a liaison between CUCS staff and volunteers.
• Serve as volunteers’ point of contact for all projects.
• Assist with planning volunteer recognition.
• Develop and maintain a welcoming volunteer space at the organization with inspirational and engaging CUCS branding and information on how to stay engaged.
• Provide supervision and feedback to volunteers.
• Assist with evaluating the volunteer program on an on-going basis, identify gaps, recommend & implement changes, as appropriate
• Contribute articles, valuable stories, quotes, etc. to communications
• coordinate with communication to manage and update all volunteer content including brochures, website, social media, etc.
• Provide information, storylines and leads for PR with regards to volunteerism
• Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education Required:
• Bachelors degree in a related field with experience with volunteer coordination or supervision of groups and individuals.
• Excellent leadership, strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
• Ability to motivate and encourage non-paid personnel as well as the skills needed to engage in difficult conversations and handle sensitive situations.
• Desire to work collaboratively with staff, volunteers and clients a mus.t
• Ability to follow directions, work independently, prioritize, follow-up and accomplish a variety of tasks, projects and responsibilities simultaneously in a busy work environment.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Desire and ability to work with diverse populations
• Understanding of and ability to maintain professional boundaries
• Patience and a positive, customer-friendly attitude
• Proficiency with MS Office; working knowledge of Salesforce a plus.
• Physical demands include lifting – up to 50 lbs – walking, standing, sitting at a desk for extended periods
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://workforcenow.adp.com/myportal/ess/recruitment/internalPostingPreview.faces?client=cucs&jobId=91342&lang=en_US&source=CC2 →