Center for Urban Community Services
The Center for Urban Community Services, a national leader in the development of effective housing and service initiatives for homeless people, invites applications for a Case Manager position at the Prince George. We are located in a historic building in the Flat Iron District of Manhattan. The Prince George is a 415 unit supportive housing residence for low income tenants, many of who have a history of mental illness, homelessness, substance abuse, and/or HIV/AIDS. CUCS embraces a holistic, person centered approach to the work and incorporates several evidence based practices including but not limited to: Wellness Self Management, Supported Employment, Motivational Interviewing and Person Centered Service Planning.
We are seeking a dynamic, self-self motivated person who embraces both a harm reduction approach as well as a recovery focused orientation. We strive to help our client’s live full and satisfying lives in the community. We accomplish this mission by supporting our clients to identify and achieve goals that are meaningful to them. The Case Manager will provide a broad array of services as well as person centered clinical services to a caseload of 30-35 tenants. Some tasks include but are not limited to: entitlements assistance, counseling, advocacy, referrals and information, crisis intervention, engagement, psycho-education, escorting to various appointment within the community, and coordination of care with outside service providers. The ideal candidate will have a comprehensive understanding of the needs of the formerly homeless, mentally ill population, and those with substance addiction. This position is ideal for recent BSW Graduates.
Experience and Education Required:
• BSW and 1 year of relevant work experience.
• BA and 2 years of relevant work experience.
• High School Diploma or equivalent and 6 years of relevant work experience.
• For applicants without a college degree, every 30 credits can be substituted for 1 year of experience.
• Demonstrated ability to provide services to clients with psychiatric and medical disabilities and with issues of substance abuse.
• Computer literacy, excellent writing and verbal communications skills are required.
• Bilingual English/Spanish preferred, but not required.
• Ability to work effectively as part of a core services team.
Please be advised that you must upload your cover letter and resume in one document.
Applicants will only be considered for positions they apply for.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=cucs&jobId=33498&lang=en_US&source=CC145710 →